Saturday, January 28, 2012

New edition to our family!

Hello.  Well I have to admit I am quite embarrassed by my lack of posting in recent months.  I allowed busy and travel to completely derail my blogging endeavors.   I was surprised by the number of people who have commented that they were reading my blog until I stopped posting...It was pretty encouraging...so I am back.





We had a wonderful Christmas and I am super pumped about the 
newest edition to our family...









wait for it...






It is my Silhouette Cameo.  
(You thought I was gonna say I am pregnant  Sorry if you are disappointed.)



What is a Silhouette Cameo?
A Silhouette is similar to a Circuit Expression.  
It can cut designs on paper, fabric, vinyl and other print mediums.
It can also sketch designs.  
I love the Silhouette because it is 
compatible to use with my Mac (or PC) computer.  
I simply download the software from 
their website and I design right from my computer.  
This gives me access to all of the fonts already loaded onto my computer.  
I also don't have to hassle with buying cartridges because
 I can purchase and download images and designs individually from the Silhouette website.


I have done a few projects...this is one of the first....
a flower using a free template I downloaded from the Silhouette website. 


You can download this template from the Silhouette America website...
the template is called 3d_fanned_flower_C03086_1.


To find more design ideas...check out the Link Party on Maggie Muggins Blog.

I am excited to be back!  Hope you all will start reading again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan! Congrats on your new machine. I love my Silhouette Cameo. I would love to have you link up this post to my blog party. It's specifically for showing the different ways people used the free shapes from January. Your flower is so cute and would be a really great addition to the party! http://maggiemugginsdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/02/sfs-link-party-januarys-free-shapes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! It's such a cute flower. To add the button for the party you can copy and paste the code from the box below the button into your blogspot editor (just edit this post for that) or you can just put the link from my last comment in the post as well. Whichever is easier.

    ReplyDelete