Monday, June 20, 2011

My New Obsession: Spray Paint!

I recently found some treasures at a few garage sales and Goodwill and have just been waiting for a the perfect day for a junk makeover!  Here is my first summer project...

I purchased these brass candlesticks at a local church rummage sale for $1.00 for both of them. (No it was not at the Judson sale in case anyone was wondering.)


I used Rust-Oleum primer in gray to prep the metal surface.  I did three light coats waiting a half-hour between each coat.  I also did some light sanding in between coats to remove any bumpy edges to ensure a smooth surface.


To finish, I used Krylon Silver Metallic spray paint in a Satin finish.  I did two light coats waiting about an hour between coats.  As you can see it is a vast improvement from the outdated brass.  And it only cost me about $3.00 total!!


Yay for recycling old treasures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment