Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Weigh-in: Fear

Our Made to Crave Bible study kicked off this past Sunday and we had a great turn out!  14 women have committed to this journey and I am so excited for us to be in this together!  Session #1 in the series is called From Deprivation To Empowerment.  In this session, Lysa shares about facing her battle with food head on.  This week, we are challenged daily to read the Made to Crave book and to dive into God's word.  One topic Lysa addersses on Day 2 is FEAR.

I had a conversation with one of the women in the class this week about FEAR.  You see this woman wants to lose weight and be healthy but she is afraid.  She is afraid of failing yet one more "diet."  She doesn't want to disappoint others and she doesn't want to disappoint herself.  This journey she is being called to seems insurmountable.  The road is long.  The burden is heavy.  Yet she wants to stick to it...but what if she can't do it.  What if she fails.  What if others see her fail.

This my friends is a defining moment!  I am not going to sugar coat anything here...This journey is tough.  The road is long and seems neverending.  The burden is overwhelming.  It is too much for one person.  And you are going to feel weak and tired.  There will be times when you feel empty because you are not using food to fill a void.  This is where God wants you.  He wants you in your weakness.  He "will boast all the more gladly in your weakness."  Read 2 Corinthians 12:9-10!  Post it on you fridge, memorize it, tuck it away in your heart!

 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Some of you on this journey want to give up.  Many of you felt the fear of this journey hit you as soon as we started.  Open your hearts and your minds to the strength of the Lord.  Lean into him as you look toward a healthy future!  Remember the other women tackling this journey as they remember and pray for you this week.  You have been called to this journey...you can endure all things, you can conquer all things through Christ who strengthens you! 

1 comment:

  1. Ask your friend if she can give up diet pop. I lost 10 pounds by doing so. If you get a caffeine headache, sip a small glass to get your through it. You dentist will love you, too. The acid in Coke and Pepsi is very hard on teeth. Next, have a fiber bar each day. It makes you feel full.

    ReplyDelete