Friday, October 8, 2010

No No!

My son, Logan, is 6 months old and has been crawling (army style) for about a month.  I am amazed at how fast he can move across the floor...especially when he is really determined to get to something.  Unfortunately, his new-found skill has paved the way for a new-found word in my vocabulary (okay so it is not new, but it is used a lot more!).  "NO!"   You all know the word very well.  "No Logan, don't touch the electrical outlet."  "Nooo, don't bite the power cord to the computer."   "NOOO, we can't go down the stairs yet."    As soon as he hits the ground, he bypasses all of the really fun toys in front of him to get to the things that are not good for him.


Logan looking a little mischievous!

Why is it that Logan wants to go for all of the things he is not supposed to touch?   I understand that he is a curious little guy who wants to explore everything and he doesn't know the ramifications of touching something dangerous.  As a parent I know that it is my responsibility to protect him and ultimately teach him how to protect himself.

As I think about the number of times I will say "no" to Logan over he next 18 years, I am reminded of how many times God must look at the decisions I make in my life and say "No."  Oh, how His heart must ache, each time I choose to disobey or allow my curiosity to get the better of me.  I can hear Him saying, "Meghan, you were taught better than that."  In the busyness of life, more often than not, I forge my own way, without even considering God's plan or love for me.  It is in those times I end up feeling extremely overwhelmed and even depressed

In Ephesians 6:10-11, the apostle Paul, reminds me of the protection God offers.  Paul writes, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."   Paul goes on to list each piece of armor and the measure of protection it provides.  I am reminded of the importance of guarding myself each and every day so that my crazy schedule does not consume my life, leaving little opportunity to spend time with God.

So here I sit, asking that each of you pray for me as I seek God's guidance and protection for my life.  I also ask that you pray for Joe and I as we raise Logan.  I pray that Logan will learn how to pursue the protection that God offers.

I encourage you to read all of Ephesians 6:10-18, so that you too will realize the protection that God offers for your life. I challenge you to put on the full armor of God as you pursue that protection!

2 comments:

  1. i like how the picture looks like its a polaroid...how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could say how I did it but...not sure. It did it automatically.

    ReplyDelete