Thursday, October 14, 2010

This one's for you Jan!

The other day I went to Dominick's for a little grocery shopping and left with that great feeling of, "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."  Except I really saved a bunch of money by switching to coupons!  Thanks to the encouragement from Janice, my sister-in-law, I have begun to clip and use coupons.  For those of you who don't know her...Janice is like the Lebron James of Bargain Hunting.  Her shopping skills are like a carefully executed slam dunk!  She leaves the competition (or at least the cashiers) wishing they had chosen another profession!

Anyway, the reason for my excitement is that I saved more money than I spent after the sales and coupons!  I saved $80 and spent about $73.  This deal included some amazing deals but the best was the boneless, skinless chicken I got for $1.74 a pound! I bought 13 pounds of chicken and saved $34 on the that alone!


So I declare this day, Janice Landi Day!  Grab a coupon and save in honor of Janice!  And if you are really good, you too can save more than you spend!

2 comments:

  1. You made me laugh! Thanks Meghan and great job on the savings!!! I went to CVS today and got everything free!!! I paid 95 cents and got $5.98 in Extra Care bucks. They paid me to go to the store!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Great job on savings Meghan!! I like saving more than I spend too, but of course Josh's response always is "you would save even more money by not spending anything!" : )

    ReplyDelete