Monday, September 5, 2011

Landi Menu Plan: Monday, September 5th-Sunday, September 11th

Recently, I have been feeling pretty lousy and I am convinced it is because I have not been eating very well and my body is revolting. My face has really broken out, I feel tired and sluggish, and I am displeased with the fit of my clothing.  That being said, my menu plans are somewhat tailored to a better healthy eating plan for me and my family.  My biggest focus is adding more fruits and veggies on a regular basis and decreasing my portion sizes.  I love to eat and I am not going just give up the things I love, however, I am going to eat in moderation.  So here is this week's plan...


Monday
Breakfast: French Toast Bake
Lunch: Family BBQ (burgers, fresh green beans, sweet corn)
Dinner: Southwest Salad-field greens tossed with 2T of French dressing, black beans, sweet corn, tortilla strips, chopped tomatoes and bell peppers
Snacks: Mango slices, Almonds, and/or plain Fage yogurt with a fresh strawberries and granola


Tuesday
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spinach and mushrooms
Lunch:  Tuna salad (made with 1/2 mayo and 1/2 plain yogurt), on bread or crackers, veggies
Dinner: Rigatoni with homemade tomato sauce with mild Italian sausage
Snacks: Wheat thin crackers, grapes, and carrots w/ roasted red pepper hummus

Wednesday
Breakfast: Cereal with dried cranberries
Lunch: Roast Beef Sandwiches with Chipolte Mayo, lettuce and Tomato, on whole wheat bread
Dinner: Chicken Corn Chowder
Snacks: Banana, dried fruit, yogurt

Thursday
Breakfast: Whole wheat Pancakes (plain for me, loaded with syrup for Joe)
Lunch: Salad or leftovers
Dinner: Grilled Salmon and Asparagus over Parmesan Garlic Cous Cous
Snacks: 2 Graham Cracker with PB, Smoothies

Friday
Breakfast: Veggie Strata bake
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: High School Football Game (I will eat a salad before I go-Joe will probably eat a hamburger, hotdog, popcorn, 3 Pepsi's, Starburst, Skittles, and nachos at the game.)

Saturday
Breakfast: Whole Wheat Toast with PB and Banana or leftover Veggie Bake from Friday
Lunch/Dinner: Roasted Tomato and Black Bean Soup

Sundays
Breakfast: Whatever we can fit in before church
Lunch: Out with the family usually
Dinner: finish leftovers and plan next weeks meals

No comments:

Post a Comment