Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Toddler Tuesday: Educational Resources



My son Logan is 17 months and he is a very energetic little boy who loves to explore.  I am really working on being intentional about filling our days with fun and education to help him get ready for speaking, reading, social skills, etc...  Here are some resources that I have found so far. This is just a small start.  I am really hoping to devote more time to finding and implementing more resources.  I am open to suggestions that people have.  (Mandy-I am sure you have lots of resources on related social development topics.)

1.  zerotothree.org-The Baby Brain Map allows you to explore a baby's brain at various ages.  If you click on a particular place on the map, it reveals questions to find out how a baby's brain develops during a particular period of brain growth.  It also provides information on how to enrich a young child's development.

2. http://notjustcute.com - This blogger posts articles and information about "Whole Child Development."-I have only looked briefly at her blog but have appreciated the posts I have read thus far.

3. http://www.icanteachmychild.com- I Can Teach My Child has a ton of fun educational learning ideas!

4. Handmade Memory Game by Gidget Goes Home- She has a wonderful idea for a homemade memory game that helps kids remember the various people in their lives and works on memory and concentration skills. too cute...now if only I could sew!

Stayed tuned for more to come on this subject as I am learning as I go. =)

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to post Starfall.com, a website that my Sister-in-law, Janice showed me that is great for learning letters and numbers.

    ReplyDelete