Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Toddler Tuesday: No Mess Sponge Painting

For those of you who own a toddler (I know sounds like I am talking about a car). Anyway, for those of you who own a toddler, you have most likely yearned for the days when your child will stop sticking everything in his/her mouth!  That is totally where I am at!  Logan is now 18 months old and he still wants to stick disgusting stuff in his mouth all the time.  I have found it very difficult to do activities like painting or even coloring for fear of Logan eating the paint or crayons.  Well, I found a painting project that is NO MESS!  And it keeps Logan from eating the paint. =)


What you need:
-Dishwashing sponge-cut into a few pieces
-Washable paints
-Gallon size Zip-loc bag
-plain white paper
-paper plate

Instructions:

Start by putting the paint on a paper plate and dipping sponges into the paint.
(We didn't have exciting colors this time since we were testing the project out.)


Next, I wrote on each piece of paper before I stuck it in the baggie. 
If using computer paper you will have to fold the paper to make it fit
Then toss in the sponges.


Next, give it to your toddler and let him squish with his hands...


Or his feet... (as Caleb prefers)


And Voila! A fun painting project and Logan didn't even lick the paint!



No comments:

Post a Comment