Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday Weigh-in: Intentional Positioning

After last Wednesday's post, I had an overwhelming response from supporters and other women who felt the very same way I do.  Please know that I am praying for each of you who responded or who didn't respond but can relate to what is happening in my life.  Thanks for your support and prayers for me!

So let's weigh-in...

As I continue to dive deeper into Made to Crave, I am both inspired and convicted, in the very same breath.  I am inspired by Lysa's willingness to be so real with her readers.   She addresses some key issues for women and provides some truly healthy ways to battle those issues without being too cheesy or too preachy.  

When I got to chapter 6 of the book, I was really forced to take a good look at myself.  Lysa says, "Being ruled by something other than God diminishes our commitment and will make us feel increasingly distant from Him."  (and this is where I feel convicted!)

Okay, so I want you to think about what that something is for you.  Is it food?  Is it alcohol?  Is it your job?  Is it spending too much money?  Is it the loss of a loved one?  What is the something in your life that diminishes your commitment (faith) and creates distance between you and God?

That something for me is ME.  I am totally consumed by poor self-esteem, what others think of me and my less than perfect body.  I am also consumed by the guilt of not getting back into shape after having Logan.  So much so, that some days I only think about how horrible I look or how horrible other people must think I look.  I know, this is very unhealthy thinking.  Made to Crave, has helped me realize that what I am consuming is what I am craving.  And what I am craving is unhealthy!

But there is hope...

As I continue to read God's word and other resources, I am understanding, the more I fill up with negative thoughts about myself, the more I focus on just that, myself.   And each time I wallow in the pain of my circumstances without inviting God to carry my burdens, I push my relationship with Him further and further away.

This journey is teaching me to position my heart towards God.  This is what Lysa calls "intentionally positioning ourselves to experience God."   I hope and pray that you will see a change in me as I set out to intentionally position myself to experience the goodness and the grace of God.

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  
All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. "  
Philippians 3:13-15

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."
Philippians 3:20-21

Please keep praying for the women who will be studying with me in October!  
It is going to be a great Journey!!


No comments:

Post a Comment